VBAC question

Does anyone know if you are allowed to do a VBAC at a birthing center?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 8:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think most of them do if not all of them. The water birth center her does them and with 90% success rate! That's WAY higher than hospital have the 1st time around! The same center has only 3-4% c-section rate overall... crazy when most hospitals are well over 30% now!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 8:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Oh man, that makes me so happy - we're not planning on our second for quite a while (our little one is just about to be 7 months), but I have no desire to use a hospital for my next delivery & it's just something that's on my mind pretty often. Thanks!!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I hear you!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 8:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It honestly depends on your state laws, unfortunately, not your health.

Do not rule out homebirth though either. The safety of a birthing center compared to a homebirth is virtually the same.

If you are ready to start researching, I suggest you join Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth. From there, you can find many resources to help you acheive the birth you want, and the support you deserve the next time around. :)
    squish

Answer by squish at 9:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Thanks, squish - I'll look into the group. I have thought about a homebirth, but I don't know if it's just a negative stigma that is surrounding it or what, but I can't get out of my head, "What if something happens, goes wrong?" Even though I know that it is safe & it is something I have considered. I think I should just read more on it, so I can get more comfortable about the idea.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 10:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2010