sick help

What do you do that helps sore achy lungs to feel better? I need home rememdies that are natural that work fairly quickly. I'm extremely run down and I have husband and kids asking me whats for dinner MA? UGHHHHH

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• When I have deep chest colds, I make a large batch of tea with honey and cinnamon--I can then reheat it and breathe in the hot vapors....honey and cinnamon have wonderful healing properties.

http://healthmad.com/alternative/10-miraculous-health-benefits-of-honey-and-cinnamon-combo/

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Simple Vick's vapor rub helps so much! I put it on before bed and it really does help you to breathe better so you can get some sleep. My hubby swears by Breathe Right strips. Hot tea is good...I like lemon and honey in mine. OJ is good to keep on hand to make sure you are getting your vitamin C, in case you don't have much appetite. I keep the reduced fat/sodium chicken noodle soup on hand for emergency situations. It's a good easy dinner for everyone and good for colds too!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I will try the honey/cinnamon next time. Sounds good!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Mmm sounds good thanks for the suggestion I'm gonna go make some now.
    Anonymous

• Let the husband cook.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2010