Do you feed your pets table food?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Pets

• ya, we feed our dog scraps.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Occasionally I'll add scraps to their dishes but only healthy things, never anything that contains wheat or corn, usually just meat scraps or egg yolks, and that happens maybe once a month or so.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 8:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• nope, there's a lot of foods that can be toxic or even poisonus to dogs that you wouldn't think were, plus we didn't want her begging for our kids food, so we never started the practice.
    Anonymous

• NO IT GIVES THEM HARTWORMS FAST AND IT COULD KILL THEM !
    Anonymous

• sometimes, depending on what we ate that night. And right now it is only our older dogs. The puppies NEVER get table food.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I sometimes give my cat tuna or chicken to help keep her interested in her meals. But its never while we are eating. I always prepare it and put it in her dish.
    jamesmommy512

Answer by jamesmommy512 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Occasionally the dog gets scraps and the cats eat left overs that nobody wants. My dog and cats have been eating table scraps for years and are all perfectly healthy. I wouldn't go as far as my grandmother does though - she's going to end up killing her dog. Whatever she makes for dinner she makes a third plate, one for her - one for my grandfather and the 3rd is for her golden retriever who she has turned into a chunky dog.
    Anonymous

• We feed them what is left over. scraps I guess you would call it.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• The only food other then their dry dog food my dogs get is some venison which I boil with garlic and then soak the broth up with rice. I freeze that in small freezer bags and the dogs will get some of that added to their dry food mainly through the winter, but occassionally through the summer as well. Anything with chicken in it, gives my big dog massive amounts of gas, that we can not live with.
    jojuzach

Answer by jojuzach at 11:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I give my cats the water out of the tuna can, but other than that when I try to give them scraps they won't touch them, so I stopped. We had some left over steak from a BBQ and I put it in their bowl they never even touched it. My cats know they aren't supposed to have people food. I guess for tuna they can't resist, they also like canned salmon which I give to them once every other month. Other than that they won't eat anything we give them besides their cat food. I know it's for the better so they don't start begging or anything, but my kids are always leaving half eaten hot dogs or bologna around and it would be nice if they ate what the kids didn't.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:38 AM on Jun. 18, 2010