Did anyone else's husband/so get disappointed when they found out the gender of the baby?

We found out the gender of our first baby and my husband was very disappointed because he was hoping for the opposite. It hurts my feelings because he is noticably disappointed, but he won't say anything. Did anyone else's husband/so act this way after finding out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My daughter's father completely abandoned her when he found out she was a girl. He wanted a little boy. She is soooo much better off without him though, lol!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• no my husband just happy we had a babby and it was healthy ! my husband was happy that we had a boy and a girl and the kids was healthy that what counts !
    Anonymous

• well I know he wanted a boy and it is a boy so he didnt really have room to be disapointed....GL! maybe hes just nervous I know it seems like men get alot more nervous with baby girls then boys...prabablly just because they now what they are going to deal with when shes a teenager lol
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 8:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I was hysterically panicked hoping for a boy, assuming my DH would be disappointed otherwise. Well it WAS a boy but he was secretly hoping for a girl... oopsie. In the end we were both thrilled and we got a girl a year later anyway. He LOVED having a baby boy, they looked like freaking clones (NOTHING like me... same cleft chin, dimples, hair, etc) and he loved everyone talking about him and his baby mini me
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• We were told we were having a boy. We actually have a girl. She's 12 now.
    My sister was told she was having a girl and she had a boy. Weird.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 8:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• No, we had 3 girls in a row, and even though he would like a son of his own (my son is not his by blood, though he loves him the same) Now with # 5 We want a boy, but he sure loves his girls! :) Daddys girls rock!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Nope, my hubby was excited for himself. I was disappointed that my 2nd girl and 3rd girl were girls but, I got over it quickly. Its been 8 years since I had a baby boy. :( Maybe we'll have a boy next time.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I think hubby is afraid to have a baby boy, he wasn't around when the boys were babies so, he is just used to baby girls.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• No, he was so excited he didn't care. Funny thing, we were told he was a girl and found out at 22 weeks he was a boy :) He was excited both times.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• No he wanted a girl and that's what he got. I wanted a boy. When the U/S tech said it looked like a girl to them; I told him he had one job to do; one responsibility in this whole process and he couldn't even get that part right; I thought the U/S tech was going to fall off her chair she laughed so hard....teeheehee
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2010