Why isn't my 22 month old napping everyday?

worriedmama08

Asked by worriedmama08 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Both of my kids quit napping about the age 2 mark. But I still made them go to quiet time fora little while just to relax and give me a little refresher.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 8:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• take it as a positive. if he's not sleeping during the day he'll sleep all night and you'll get a good night sleep as well
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• My son was the same way. He fights it pretty hard. We still try to give him quiet time during the day.
    AMom29

Answer by AMom29 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Kids really don't nap much after this age....but they will sleep longer at night. My son stopped napping by 20 months, he was in daycare and I found out his provider was squirting him with a squirt gun to get him to lay down and nap..he still didn't sleep for her..but I was done with her when she told me what she was doing...she is why daycares should not be trusted
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• this is pretty normal, my son is 2 and he can't live without his 2 hour naps plus 10 hours of sleep at night or more! but I guess I'm very very lucky... my friends kids (some even younger than 18 months) don't nap at all or take 30 minute naps. I guess it depends on the kid and also, if they get 12 hours of sleep at night, most likely they are not going to nap during the day.
    dolphin1985

Answer by dolphin1985 at 1:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• IDK maybe shes just not sleepy?
    mom1T2Ldh

Answer by mom1T2Ldh at 10:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2010