Do you think the Duggers inspire people to be like them? No bashing

I am not trying to turn this into a nasty debate or to bash the Duggars.
I read a couple of post in the past few days on here of women who made the statement that they were trying to have as many kids as they could have as fast they could i.e having a baby and then TTC in only a few months, formula feeding instead breast feeding for this reason,It made me wonder if people think this is what the Duggers do and are trying to be like them.

munchkinaplenty

Asked by munchkinaplenty at 9:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• even if someone wanted to be like the duggars that's not how to do it. Even michelle duggar don't do all that. she does breastfeed at least for a while and she don't TRY and have another right away. so that's not being like the duggars at all. These people are. in my mind they are doing it for all the wrong reasons.

I want to have more kids but i'm not PLANNING on when i have another. I'll have another when God sees fit for me too. I didn't plan my last baby. i wanted another baby but i wasn't getting pregnant, it took a year longer for me to get pregnant this time then it normally does. and that was no birth control at all between the last two. Things will come in God's time, that's the best way to do things. If we try and do things in our time we are setting ourselfs up something we probably can not handle.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 9:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• THE WAY I SEE IT A WOMAN SHOULDNT BE HAVEING THAT MANY KIDS ! THATS TOO MANY !
    Anonymous

• I dont try to be like them, but i do admire them! I wouldnt mind becoming like them
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• well anon, you are just silly! God meant for us to have childen The lord said ...Be fruitful
    JoLee12345

• I don't "aspire" to be like them but, I do watch how they handle the kids and how they organize everything. My husband has always wanted a bunch of kids and I didn't want ANY. We have 5.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I think they inspire religious couples who take the Bible literally as truth. When some passage in the Bible says" go forth and multiply", that would have been a good thing a few thousand years ago when the world was barely populated but not now, since the world is overpopulated, it doesn't make sense. And if money is an issue,it is even more important to limit the size of your family. They don't inspire anyone I know. I am worried about them....to be honest,I think they are not in touch with reality.
    Anonymous

• eye rollingWe weren't meant to be baby factories! there's not a whole helluva lot of folks that could afford 19 kids.i don't know why you'd willingly put yourself through that many pregnancies.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I don't want that many kids, but I do like the way their family works. I wish I had the patience they demonstrate but with fewer kids.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Well...we don't know what the Duggars are really like when the camera is turned off,do we?
    Anonymous

• they disgust me
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2010