grabbing ears...

DD will be 4 months tomorrow. She is constantly putting her hands behind her head and keeping her elbows/forearms tight to her head/ears. Anyone elses do that? What could be going on? Goes to the doc tomorrow for her 4 month checkup.

fenska87

Asked by fenska87 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be an ear infection or she could have wax build up that is bothering her.
    mommyerin02

Answer by mommyerin02 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• IT MIGHT BE EAR INF-! TAKE HER TO THE DR !
    Anonymous

• if it is just wax can i use a q-tip? this is my first and at the hospital they told me no q-tips,lotion, or powder....
    fenska87

Answer by fenska87 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• No q-tips. My son has a problem with wax build up and my pedi says to let it naturally loosen and fall out.

I'll occasionally notice a chunk of wax (looks more like a ball) in the outer part of his ear canal. If I can get to it with my fingernail, I will get it out but if I can't, I just wait it out a day or two longer.
    mommyerin02

Answer by mommyerin02 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• No, a cotton swab will push the wax in. Wax build up doesn't hurt. Your pedi may give you wax drops though. sounds like a low grade infection.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• can it wait for her appointment at 930 tomorrow morning or should we be bringing her in now?
    fenska87

Answer by fenska87 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Well when my nephew did that turns out he had a double ear infection that could be it . Or fluid in her ears but I hope none of those for you good luck tomorrow
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 10:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• pulling on ears means ear infection or teething. if the baby doesn't seem to be in pain or uncomfortable it can also just mean she discovered a new part of her body. Just ask your doc to check her gums and ears really well.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• It could be teething but I would have the Dr check anyways. My DD has been pulling at her ears since she started teething at 3 months. It comes and goes as her new teeth come in and is easier to discern as a teething thing now but she was at the Dr several times just to be checked when she was younger.
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 2:26 AM on Jun. 18, 2010