can you have periods while your pregnant.....

cause i have 5 positive pregnancy tests and now im bleeding brownish/pinkish/light red blood.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my mom had her period when she was pregnant, infact she didt know she was pregnant till she fainted one day and they took her to the hospital and she gave birth at 6mths. so yea i think yea
    vania_jmz

Answer by vania_jmz at 9:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• yea well thats kind of normal. this brownish pinkish red blood should be more like spotting. which is totally normal in ure first month of pregnancy. but if u start having your normal periods like the regular flow u have. then the tests are obviously expired/broken/wrong or something
    Anonymous

• You can... I would go to the doctor for an ultrasound though just to check the baby.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Some women bleed fairly regularly during pregnancy. You should contact your health care provider to discuss your unique situation and make sure bleeding is "normal" for you and your baby. I would call now.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i think the reason im bleeding cause i was on yaz birth control when i found out i was pregnant.
    Anonymous

• not true periods no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• no you cannot. you can bleed once a month which can seem like a period which is why a lot of people think you can but that bleeding is NOT a period. no egg is released and then broken down once a month which is what a period is. if your body tried to do that you would end up losing the pregnancy. you can bleed in a period like manner but it's not a period
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• cause im bleeding in a period like manner.
    Anonymous

• get your initial pregnancy appt asap and tell them what's going on
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• this has been happening to me, every month on the date i am supposed to start my period i bleed, and i bleed like a normal period. the only thing the dr came up with was i had a small SCH wich is where the sac tried to tear away from the lining and is filled with blood wich is basically a hemorrhage. but it is gone now.... they have no explanation as to why im bleeding anymore but we do a check up everytime and the baby is fine. i am 5 months pregnant. my mom also bled with me the whole pregnancy, i hope this helped and GL
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 9:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2010