This might be a stupid question about flying...

we're thinking of going out of town and flying there with our son who will be a year old by then, so how does the ticket fare/seating work for an infant?

Also, how can we bring his car seat with us to take on the plane?

This is probably very simple, and I'm it's a DUH moment, but thanks!

mypreciousbabe

Asked by mypreciousbabe at 9:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some airlines will allow you to carry him on your lap, others will make you buy a seat. I don't know of any that give discounted seats for kids anymore.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• look at the airlines website. usually you don't have to have a seat for the child if they are under 2. they can ride on your lap. you can also read about what you can bring. I gave up one piece of my luggage for 2 baby items.
    GiannisMomma

Answer by GiannisMomma at 9:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• On Delta they charged me $25 for my daughter's carseat each way because we already had a suitcase. She was a "lapchild" so, I didn't have to pay for her.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I just flew with my 11 month old. They ride on your lap. There is no charge for them. You can take your carseat, but they check it at the gate at no charge.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 9:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Cool! Thanks, everyone!
    mypreciousbabe

Answer by mypreciousbabe at 9:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• We took our one year old to the neighbor state...

They didn't make us buy a seat.

We brought our car seat and had it attached to our luggage... You can call check for the "standard" method.

We also consulted with our doctor on a SAFE amount of benedryl to give our toddler so he'd be more comfortable during the flight. She also perscribed some ear drops so that we could take them on the plane with us give to him before take off so the change in altitude wouldn't hurt his ears.

So just some extra advice if you're interested. : )

Good luck have a safe flight. Oh and our son rode on our lap.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 9:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Thanks for the good advice, skepticchic!

Will do on the consulting our doctor. =)
    mypreciousbabe

Answer by mypreciousbabe at 9:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2010