Any tips on how to transition from baby food to toddler food? My 10 1/2 month old will not eat any food with pieces in it!

emallen

Asked by emallen at 9:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 10 1/2 month old? ARE YOU CRAZY?

That's a BABY not a TODDLER!

Dude stick to gerber!
    Anonymous

• That's a good thing considering your " toddler" really isn't a toddler. It's a baby still. Does he/she even walk yet? 

At least your baby is smart! 

bad

Anonymous

• Yikes! Your baby shouldn't have toddler food till s/he is at least one and walks by him/herself. What do you mean s/he won't eat anything with pieces? What do you think is in toddler food?

Check with your pedi.
    mypreciousbabe

Answer by mypreciousbabe at 9:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• My pediatrician wanted my baby off "baby food" by 12 months and eating all table food. I don't have any advise other than don't list to the others lol
    Anonymous

• advice .. listen**
    Anonymous

• Yeah your baby isn't ready for toddler food. Don't force pieces when your baby clearly isn't ready for them, which they've verified with their reluctance to eat the pieces.

I think when your baby hits one, you can start introducing small pieces and let your little one do what he or she is comfortable with. work your way up from there. It'll happen. No need to rush.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 9:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Avacodo, cooked peas, cooked carrots, and cooked cubed squash are good beginner finger foods; the consistency is closer to the strained baby food. When I began transitioning my 2.5 year old, I would feed him his regular baby food, then let him play with the cooked veggies. He got the hang of it fairly quickly.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Scuba...

KEY word you used. 2.5 YEAR old. not 10 MONTH old.

Great adivce for of age true toddlers though
    Anonymous

• i started my son on stage 3 baby foods at 10 months old, and the puffs. you should try that. and then by 1 year, all of the sudden he was ready to start chewing things. your baby will let you know when its time. i started with mashed potatoes, pastina with butter & egg, peices of banana, peices of manderin oranges, little peices of pasta.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Listen to your baby not the DR.. clearly your baby does not want table food, wait until the baby is ready don't push it just because some DR says to do so...your the mom and your baby's best advocate. stick to baby foods and thicker foods like applesauce and not the baby food stuff and thick and creamy yoplait yogurt, when the baby has gotten use to thicker foods then start out with chunky foods.
    Your baby might have a sensitive palate and may end up being a picky eater...just go with things slowly and at the babies pace..
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2010