baby falls asleep in the car...

do you take baby out of the carseat or wait until she wakes up? I am currently watching my 5 month old nap in her car seat lol

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• just bring the whole carseat in and let them sleep. In fact, I was really dissapointed when we had to switch to a toddler carseat since I cant just unclip it anymore. lol. Now though he either is tired enough to nap or isn't. I have made beds in the bottom of shopping carts before.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i always left him in the carseat until he woke up
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I let him sleep.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• it depends.. when it's the older kid carseat, i leave my son there and i sit waiting..
    if it's the newborn carseat.. i take it out trying not to wake my son and if i'm at home, i set it on the floor and wait till he wakes up and if i gotta go to the store, put him in the cart and when he wakes up he'll see something new
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 10:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i try to bring her in a put her on the couch, but sometimes she wakes up. we can't see our driveway while in our house so never leave her.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• When they were in the infant carrier seat, I took the seat in the house and let them sleep. In the bigger seats, I unbuckled them gently, picked them up, carried them in and put them on the couch or in their bed.
    Anonymous

• I can't tell you how many hours I have spent sitting in my garage while my DD has napped in the carseat. There are times when she falls asleep 5-10 minutes from home and she will not go back to sleep if I try to move her into the house. Skipping naps screws up her day and mine so it is better for us both to just let her sleep for 45-60 minutes.
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 2:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2010