What do you think of this statement?

Premature babies who can't breathe on their own should not be given medical intervention.

It turns my stomach not only because my two amazing and healthy boys would not be here today if that were the case but because people out there actually think of this stuff.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have never heard that before, but it certainly is one of the most stupid things I have ever heard!
    Anonymous

• We know this intervention for a reason. We were given the knowledge to step in and help these infants for a reason so we need to use it. That is like saying someone who is in an accident shouldn't be given CPR. RIDICULOUS.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 10:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Never heard this and hope it doesn't happen.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I have never heard this either! How sad!! :(
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Uh, isn't that why we have advances in medical treatments? It's a crazy statement.
    Anonymous

• My niece and nephew wouldn't be here if some fool had thought that was true.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:15 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• There is a dummy in every corner of this earth i tell you. My son could breath on his own but he needed surgery when he was born, afterwards he needed oxygen for a couple of days. Whats next? even someone who just had surgery shouldn't be given oxygen. If i had to make a quote of my own, it would say " Grown people who don't use their brain before they come up with stupid ideas should be hung". Now how is that for the moron.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Ignore ignorance!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:40 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• OMG... who would say such an incredably stupid thing!! That is unbelievable!
    jlynne121971

Answer by jlynne121971 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2010