how do i change my sleeping patterns

my husband recently started working graveyard shift at the 24 hour gym he works at and i miss him at night. he's making more money but i just can't sleep if he's not there with me. i'll end up waking up and just feel depressed cause i want to hold on to him but he's not there. after falling asleep in his arms for so long i just don't feel right falling asleep without him. i want to change my sleeping patterns so we can sleep together. he works from 10pm-6am. i'm used to falling asleep around midnight. so how can i make myself get used to being up at night and sleeping during the morning?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Try exercising and then taking an afternoon or early evening nap, so you can stay awake longer. If not, get a long pillow that you can hug at night to help you sleep.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• This may sound really stupid, but how old are your kids? Are you going to change their sleep patterns too? Because in reality, you'll get used to sleeping without him. It will take a few weeks, but you'll get used to it.
    Anonymous

• they're grown
    Anonymous

• Start slow. I did it when we were younger and had no children and my husband worked nights. Gradually start staying up later and sleeping in more. It'll take a while but evenetually you can rework your sleep patteren.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2010