My 4 year old daughter will not take a bath or a shower no matter what I've tried!! I have never had this happen with my other kids, does anyone have any advice or ideas to try???

She used to take showers and baths all the time sometimes 2 times a day and she loved it !

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• make it fun...make it a bubble bath with the shampoo and bath toys are always fun

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I agree with make it fun - or even bribe her with new jammies, setting her hair in curls, or something that that after she has her bath :)

Answer by Scuba at 10:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Or give her a good old fashioned spanking your the parent not her.

• An 10:59- spanking wont help. Did something happen? My daughter pooped in the tub and after that refused to bath without a fight. Id think back to the first time she started to not like it and think about any events that may have happended around that time. Does anyone else give her baths? If so ask them questions.

Answer by lovmyhubby at 11:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i had this problem when my son was younger. we moved house and only had a shower, no bath. so he would scream everytime he had to have a shower, i just calmed him down, and slowly put him back into the shower, after about afew times doing that, he was fine. then had the problem when we moved to a place that had a bath only. took a few days of it to calm him down, and now he loves baths. he gets to put his toys cars and blocks in the bath too.

Answer by CJtwentyten at 12:09 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• my son had this problem when he saw a bug in the water once. from then on any little spec he saw in the water he FREAKED out and wouldn't get in the tub. so my solution: put LOTS of bubbles in it to cover up any little specs me may freak out about :)

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Buy some new bath toys! They have great ones at walmart in the baby/diaper section. I can't get my 3 year old out of the bath. I have to refresh the water 3 times because it gets cold.

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• My children didn't like getting shampoo in their eyes. So, showers were out of the question until they were older. It was a big deal when trying to wash their hair. I had to be extremely careful not to get one drop of shampoo or water in their eyes when they were taking a bath. I always had a towel to blot their face if any ran down.

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2010