advice for health of my child

I have a 4yr old and a 2yr old. For a long time now they both have been coughing. I have been to the Dr.'s and been on allergy meds to see if it would help nothing has worked. My 4yr old sees and asthma and allergist but she doesn't have allergies just has asthma not bad. Well we have been in the past doing the neubelizer treatments and it seems to last forever. I still don't see improvement. I just went today and they want her on her neubelizer again. I am frustrated since she is on Xopenex and Pulmocort and she is off the wall when on it. I can't handle her and I know it is a side effect from it. I just don't understand when my 2yr old is the same way her sister is. They cough only (dry) at night not all the time and in the morning it is productive. It has been going on long enough something should work. If they have both the same cough then could it be asthma?

ascmyworld

Asked by ascmyworld at 10:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Health

• Could it be something in their bedroom? Stuffed animals, paint, even mold? I'm sorry, this sounds awfully frustrating.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I would go to another doctor.
    Anonymous

• Have you had your house inspected for molds? They are a common culprit for childhood allergies.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• There is some mold in there bedroom and I have talked to the allergist and it doesn't seem to be her concern. It is for us and trying to find someone to help us get rid of it without spreading all the way through.
    ascmyworld

Answer by ascmyworld at 11:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• What kind of allergy testing was done? Skin prick or blood? Did they do a food panel for IgG & IgA? Could be an underlying food sensitivity that is not strong enough to register as an allergy. Gluten is often the culprit. A simple diet change could be the solution.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:31 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• have you tried cutting dairy? or red meat?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:19 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Food allergies? Definitely eliminate dairy. If that does not help, try eliminating meat and wheat.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2010