If I were to drink a 32 oz. Sodapop then later on in the day I drink a 32oz. of water...Would the water somehow delute the soda pop?

I am trying to cut back on soda pop but it is so hard so I try to delute it by drinking the same amount of water
Is it ok or am I just thinking dumb?
Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It's not going to dilute it. Just start by cutting out 8 oz soda a day and drink water instead.
    Anonymous

• My doctor told me to drink soda you must drink DOUBLE the amount of water to prevent it from doing damage. I tried for awhile but it didn't take me long to cute down on the soda!
    jamesmommy512

Answer by jamesmommy512 at 10:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• No. It took me a long time to give up sodas but glad I finally did. Cut back one a day for about a week then cut back another one for the next week. Follow that pattern until you stop drinking them. Increase your water intake as you reduce the soda intake.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Nope. It doesn't work that way. I don't even believe the person's doc who said to drink double the H2O. It still gets into your system and the stuff is just crap.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 11:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• a rule of thumb I learned is,whatever half your body weight is is how many ounces of water you should drink,I should be drinking 80.oz of water. What I do is drink two 44 oz cups of water one for the morning the other for afternoon. I also like to add lemon for flavor. Its easy to get into the habit.
    Anonymous

• Remember your body craves water and your brain,so supply it with TONS of water,and you will start to feel wonderful.
    Anonymous

• In my town the water is filled with copper and the city even say to not drink to much of it!! so if we were to drink a quart or 2 of this city water we would get sick....for sure!!! so it doesn't pay either way to drink the city water here...must drive and get bottled water (we are 30 miles to the next town too)
    Anonymous

• or you could just get a filter for your tap....
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I was watching Dr.Oz and he says that sodas are bad for you all together. It's a big weight gainer which is loaded with sugar. Why don't you try to drink green tea which would be a healthier chose. It seems like you have a bad habit going on which could cause you to become a diabetic some day. I wish you luck. And by the way never put yourself down by calling your self dumb.
    magicapples

Answer by magicapples at 2:01 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Try 22 oz of water with a splash of juice for flavor. Soda is so bad for your teeth with the sugar and carbonation. Sugar drinks aren't going to quench your thirst and they are just empty calories. 140 calories for every 12 oz can. 32 oz of soda is 374 calories with no nutrients.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 4:08 AM on Jun. 18, 2010