While walking do you carry a water bottle with you? Or nothing?

I walked today for about 45 minutes at the park by the time I was done I had a few oz. Left of water but it was hot. how would I keep it cold and not have to carry it on me I'd like to have my hands free.
Sometimes I wish I would have those hats that have two straws sticking out going into two water bottles and take a sip anytime I felt like taking a drink....lol
Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• carry a small backpack with the water wrapped in a towel and a cold pack. thats what i do when i hike cause i hike for hours
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I never do because then I'll have to pee along the way. I usually walk six miles a day, four or five days a week.
    Anonymous

• Target carries single bottle coolers - I think they are made by Thermos.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• of course..mine always stay cool I fill it full of ice then add water. I also walk with the stroller so don't have a carrying issues altho it would be nice to have a walk without kids but not in the near furture for me! LOL
    Anonymous

• I bought a thermal bottle cozy at Dollar Tree. It can hook to my backpack or jeans. Beale's Outlet also has a bottle hook that attaches to (whatever). I just bought a thermal bladder backpack. I'm sure it's intended for a bladder of water but I am going to put my thermal cozy inside there and see how well the double insulation works. It it's not too heavy I might put a frozen ice pack in there as well. I live in FL and it sure gets hot here. I thought I'd have heat stroke walking this morning!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I use regular bottles but I freeze them first. I fill them about 3/4 and freeze, then fill the rest with water before I leave the house. Even if I get to the end and it's warm, I would rather drink warm water than get dehydrated and pass out.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I bought a thermal bottle cozy at Dollar Tree. It can hook to my backpack or jeans. Beale's Outlet also has a bottle hook that attaches to (whatever). You just pop the C-ring around the bottle neck and the hook is attached. I just bought a thermal bladder backpack. I'm sure it's intended for a bladder of water but I am going to put my thermal cozy inside there and see how well the double insulation works. It it's not too heavy I might put a frozen ice pack in there as well. I live in FL and it sure gets hot here. I thought I'd have heat stroke walking this morning!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i always carry water with me..even if im just walking down the street to the corner store, and am only gone for 5 minutes..always always always!!! i to, like to be hands free when walking.so i went to walmart one day and bought a lil over the shoulder purse/bag thingy...the kind that goes over my left shoulder, across my chest and the bag ends up on my right side of my hips..that way i can carry my big bottle of water, baggies for when i take my dogs on a walk too, a granola bar, and my cellphone..it works perfect!!! hands free :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I almost always have a bottle of water with me.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I never leave home without a bottle of water, there is nothing I hate more than be out and all of a sudden I get a really dry throat. I have one of those bottle holders that you sling over your shoulder too, and the cross bags are a great idea because you can carry a littl more and your hands are free.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2010