how do you know if you have a hemorroid from pushing in a natural delivery?

i'm worried if i pushed too hard when i delivered my first baby 3 weeks ago and maybe i gave myself a hemorroid but how would i know if the doctor didnt say anything and i'm feeling like i have a cut down there every time i have a bowel movement now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Health

• If you've got pain when you poop, itching, burning, blood on the paper, soreness... Any of those can be symptoms. Get some witch hazel and some peroration h.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Sounds like it to me. I had at least 1 from pushing ( I pushed for 3 hours) because every time I would go poo, it hurt like HELL. I mean SOOOO bad. It took me like 20 minutes to go. It got better with time, but still hurts a little bit. It may burn, itch, sting, or just feel painful when you go, and you may even see blood in the toliet or on the toliet paper...usually bright red. Its common and they do have suppositories that help.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• hemorrhoids don't feel like cuts. after a movement and you stand back up it would feel like you have a piece of poop in between your butt that didn't detach but it's actually the swollen blood vessel and it goes back into your rectum after a few minutes. i had 2 hemorrhoids, i'm 8 1/2 months, and a few days ago they both exploded while i was on the toilet...it was such a relief, bloody, but a relief and i think it's because of how hard i pushed to get the poop out(no it didn't hurt). anyway even if you do get one you can get it removed and they usually shrink after pregnancy anyway.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• did get one*
    Anonymous

• sry, don't know how my correction came up anon
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i had a couple hemorroids because i pushed a long time too. my daughter is 15 months and one of the hemorroids still flares up every few months. I put hydrocortizone cream on it. The hemorroid can either be external, like around your bottom area, or internal, which is actually inside your rectum area. Mine is external so I can feel it. It's like a huge pimple and it gets hard when it flares up, but it doesnt hurt to poop, only sitting down really hurts when its flaring. so does it hurt to sit? u might wanna talk to your gyno.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• sounds more like a fissure.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:37 AM on Jun. 18, 2010