How can I earn the respect of my three lazy children and one lazy husband. I cook, clean, laundry and dishes and it is never enough. Someone please give me some insight.

neuroangel

Asked by neuroangel at 11:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• If you do everything for them then of COURSE they're not going to appreciate the work you do! Tell them the damn maid is on strike and to pick up after themselves and make their own food.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• dont cook clean or do the laundry for like 3 days straight!! i bet you they will appreciate you then!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Go on strike. Make them make thier own food and do thier own laundry. Tell your husband this is what it would be like if you were dead or not around and if you don't get some respect around here, your going to do less and less.
    Make the kids have chores. I was doing my OWN laundry by age 12. I was fixing my own breakfast, lunch and helping with dinner by that time as well.
    Anonymous

• Yeah just tell them your going out and you'll be back when you be back.
    Anonymous

• Quit.

Go on vacation alone. Tell them to deal or die. Even if you just leave for the weekend they will be better when you get back. Also leave often. And don't do everything for them. Assign chores. Delegate some.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Keep a time log of what you do all day for a week or two, let your husband see it in writing.....then I think maybe a weekend away with a girlfriend if you can get away with it, to let him deal with the things you deal with.......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You have to just quit , make them do things alone for a few days , just a few days of not being babied and mom doing everything they will figure it out quick
    Anonymous

• It's BECAUSE you do those things that they treat you that way. Have the kids come help you and have Dad grill & help with dinner. Stop doing it all for them
    Anonymous

• I think everyone who posted before me got it right, just stop doing anything for them, after one day of not being waited on they'll start to get see how much you do, if it goes on a few days, you'll start to look like a super hero, if you can get them to do any of it themselves, they'll finally have learned some respect.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 1:09 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Good luck. I've tried to ignore my husband and son and see how long before they pitch in, but it drives me insane. They are perfectly content to live in their own filth and eat nothing but junk food.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 3:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2010