Do you think its wrong to look through your husband emails?

I have been goin through my husbands emails and have found out alot about whats goin on while he's online for hours at a time. and the majority of it is just nastiness. sometimes i look at him and cant help but be disgusted with him.

DeeDee737

Asked by DeeDee737 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• you must have trust issues. Talk about it and get some help before your marriage goes down hill more,I dont think its wrong if hes cheated.
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 11:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• of course its not wrong to go through your husbands emails. there really is no such thing as privacy when your in a marriage/relationship. me and my SO have eachother passwords for everything and check eachothers phone whenever we feel like it. why are you with him if he disgusts you? life is too short to not be happy.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Nope, I don't think it's wrong.
    We have a joint email account, but before we met, he had one set up, and I have the password, and he knows the passwords to my email accounts. We could care less if our emails were checked, we both have nothing to hide.
    I agree with PURPUL, why are you with him? Life IS too short.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Babygirl, honestly... The only advice I have is to talk with him. Ask him if there is something missing in ya'lls sex life's that he needs? or ask him why he feels the need to do these things. If the answer aren't good or suspicious in anyway... I hate to say it, but it probably you be best for your emotional and mental health to leave him.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• If I didn't look through his emails then it would never get checked. I check it and tell him if he has any for work and delete the rest. You need to talk to your husband. Does he know that you are checking his email? If not you need to come clean and tell him what you saw bothers you and ask him what is going on.
    Anonymous

• If hes posting on Craiglsist Id have some concerns and would freak!! Tell him you know about it. why not respond pretending your someone else and see if he would cheat?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Your husband is looking for sex on craigslist but he hasn't actually cheated yet so you're not upset? I'm with anon, why not respond to his ad and set something up? Then show up and tell him you want a divorce. Why are you putting up with this?
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 12:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Well, personally, if I were sneaking into my husband's email account, I feel that it would be wrong. However, he wouldn't mind me doing it one bit. It would be the sneaking part of it that I would feel bad about. However, I'm mixed when regarding your situation because he is doing something wrong and you deserve to know about it. I don't know, that's a that's a tough question to answer in your situation.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:45 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I have NEVER felt the NEED to go through my husband's email account. I know his password and I've check emails for him before if he needed me to or if we ordered something online and used his email account for it but I've never felt there was any reason for me to snoop.

I know people who check their husband's email accounts, banking account and phone records DAILY. To me that shows there is a HUGE trust issue in the marriage.

Honestly though with some of the things you described you need to confront him and then decide if either of you are willing to go to counseling.

I'm sorry honey but this marriage is head DOWN THE TOILET if ya'll don't do something about it.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:28 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• It sounds like he has given you plenty of reasons to distrust him. What does he say about his behavior? If he is not apolgizing or changing his patterns, then your marriage is in big trouble.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 3:54 AM on Jun. 18, 2010