IS HAVING A CSECTION NECESSARILY BAD?.....ID LIKE TO HEAR YOUR EXPERIENCES.....WHAT IS IT LIKE ECT...

HI ...THIS IS MY FIRST BABY AND IM 37 WEEKS AND 4 DAYS....=)...MY BABY IS BREECH.....AND HAS BEEN FOR QUITE A WHILE...I HAD THE OPTION TO GET HIM MOVED MANUALLY ...BUT I WAS TOLD ITS PAINFUL AND THEY CAN BREAK MY WATER...WHICH WILL RESULT IN EMERGENCY C SECTION...AND THE POSSIBILITY THAT HE MAY JUST FLIP RIGHT BACK INTO BREECH POSITION....SO I PASSED ON THAT OPTION.....WELL MY C SECTION DATE IS SET FOR JUNE 30TH....A WEEK BEFORE MY DD.....

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IM IN FOR....PLEASE SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCES.....=)

scenequeen85

Asked by scenequeen85 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's a longer recovery process because of stitches and such. That's all I've heard about it. I hope I don't have to get one though. I already have a scar from appendacitis and there's still scar tissue where they need to cut.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• a longer more painful recovery and a much harder time getting the baby weight off. but if he's breech you really don't have a choice unless he flips b4 your c section. good luck and you and your baby will be ok no matter the situation
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• june 30th is my birthday! :)
    the actual c-section, well while they were doing the surgery - i kept shaking, really bad, and i was a little nauses. i didnt feel any pain though, alls i felt was pulling and tugging, but very hard pulling and tugging when they were pulling my son out. as soon as they were done they gave me some medicine that made the shaking and nauses stop immediatley. they recommended i didnt eat for a while because they said i may throw it up and feel sick but i didnt listen, i was starving and had my mom bring me mcdonalds and i didnt throw up and it was delicious, lol. my son was premature so i didnt get to hold him and see him right away except for when they first took him and they gave him to my SO to bring over to me. im not gonna lie, the pain for the next few days was pretty wicked. it was bad. but you really have no choice but to just make it through and they give you percocet which helps,
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I've had two c sections, and the first was the hardest because I was induced labor for 10 hours with no progress (40wks 3days) and ended up with a c section because of no progress...I was extremely tired, extremely shaky....so much so that I couldn't even hold my baby til a couple hours later. It took at least 6 weeks to recover from...
    The second was wonderful because it was planned, I wasn't as tired or shaky and it only took 2 weeks to recover....
    I'm scheduled for #4 baby, #3 c section on july 29th and I'm not scared for anything except the needle in the back of course! lol
    If I dialated or my body was able to have babies naturally I would have chose to do that, but If you can't c sections aren't the worst thing in the world....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• it got alot better over time and i was basically feeling almost no pain by 2-3 weeks later. my scar kind of pisses me off. they Fd it up some how. it looks the top peice of skin is swollen if you can understand what i mean. they said it happens when water gets trapped behind and if i want to fix it i have to get plastic surgery which i hope to be able to afford someday. it was interesting wearing a catheter and having the nurse clean your vagina afterwards. and it really hurt trying to wipe when using the bathroom those next few days. but overall, im happy with my experience. it wasnt that bad, and im just happy to have my son and to be honest with you, i was pretty worried that my vagina would be all loose and stretched out if i had him vaginally so im kind of happy that my vagina is still nice and tight! haha. Good luck!!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I actually had less pain with my c-section than I did with my natural delivery. I had a 4th degree tear after pushing out my oldest and I was miserable for a couple of months. With my twins, I was up telling the nurses to take me to see my babies. I got out of bed, sat in the wheel chair, threw up, had them wheel me to the sink to brush my teeth and off I went. I went home three days later and was up going to the NICU every day. I felt good enough to stop taking the pain meds about day 5, but still took them before I had to go to the hospital because it was a long walk to the NICU and I wasn't sure how my pain level would be afterward.
    Eris822

Answer by Eris822 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Another thing, they glued me shut and put steri-strips over it. You can't see my scar at all.
    Eris822

• C-section increases risks to mom, baby and future pregnancies. If you can get baby to turn using the tricks at www.spinningbabies.com, chiropractic care (ask for the Webster technique) and moxibustion (acupuncture), then a vaginal birth, depending on baby's position is still not out of the question. Frank and footling breech are the better positions for vaginal birth, but complete breech is not. So you will have to make those decisions as best you can. Educate yourself and give the things I mentioned a try (they turn babies up to 90% of the time). Also, allowing labor to start on it's own is safer, because you know baby is really ready and they get the benefits of labor before the surgery (lowered rates of respiratory problems, etc). Breech is no reason to schedule a C-section, many babies even turn during labor.

Good luck, mamma
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I thought it was great. I knew when I was going in and it made for excellent planning. I went in at 11am and i was nervous. The worst is getting the IV, the epideral is nothing and I hate needles! Seriously, if you freak out before hand you will feel foolish afterward. They will have your hubby wait outside while they give it too you. I really hated being completely naked on the table while they prepped the room and me. The recover is longer than vag delivery but you don't have to go through the labor and you are totally aware and awake when your baby is born. You're not tired so you can enjoy your little one. Be prepared to starve the day after the surgery. I could only have broth for 2 days and I got angry with the nurse before they would let me eat something. That was probably the most upsetting part of the experience. email me if you have questions. Best advise I can give is to buy CONT....
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:07 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• underwear about 2 sizes too big because you are going to bleed and they give you really big pads to use and mesh underwear and the mesh underwear suck Good luck!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:08 AM on Jun. 18, 2010