Why isn't there a blog on here about children with Torettes Syndrome?

My son has ADHD and Torrettes. I was just looking for other moms who may be facing the same issue. He is 10 years old and starting Middle school in September. Thanks for reading.

Magarific

Asked by Magarific at 11:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• You're dealing with TOURETTES and you don't know how to spell it correctly?
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/4044/
    There's a group.
    Anonymous

• Sorry, I made a typo..Thanks for your concern though.
    Magarific

Answer by Magarific at 11:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Go watch "Front of the Class" the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie and research Brad Cohen.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I have already seen it. Very touching! I guess I am just looking for different ideas in helping my son cope with TS. Middle school is a tough time and he is doing the best he can. He has good communication with me and the school. We are just heading to a new chapter in his life and the support from others is always helpful and encouraging.
    Magarific

Answer by Magarific at 11:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Don't be rude to a mom about her spelling. Geez people, kindness. :( I am sorry to hear about your son. I am a school psychologist and work with kiddos with disabilities every day. Is he receving any kind of services through the school district? Outside therapy? Does he take medication?
    carly123

Answer by carly123 at 1:04 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• wow sounds like my cousin...sorry. i hope you can find some info that you need. i just wanted to say that. i dont have any help sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• She missed ONE letter and your being rude to her? Um....do you not have a life?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Yes, Ryan is receiving much support. He has a 504 plan, The medication each day is. Focalin XR, 2x a day for the ADHD, Zoloft for anxiety and Seroquel to help calm his tics to go to sleep. I realize it is a lot of medicine, but we have been struggling for over five years ,playing with different types of meds and shall I say this cocktail seems to work. This is my first time on this site. Early this morning like 1AM i found a post in the TOURRETTES support group that talked about a person who HAD TS. He talked about how he got Mercury fillings from his dentist and that was the defining moment when tics appeared. Well, my Ryan had that at three years old and I NOW believe that may have had something to do with his disorder. I will follow up on this. My issue right now is OTHER CHILDREN in Elementary and Middle school who have NO idea what TS is and they are just being cruel, Ryan is being picked on in school. It is hard!!!
    Magarific

Answer by Magarific at 7:40 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Create a CM group for it. There may be other moms like you who need a group for moral support.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Definitely a good idea admckenzie! Magarific, I feel for you and I am sorry this is something you have to worry about. Kids can be so mean to other children. They always find something to tease about even if it's something that is completely typical. i would highly recommend a support group or something :) Best of luck to you. And don't feel bad about medicating your son, if that's what he needs to be successful, then that's what he needs. People can't judge others if they have never been in your situation. Much love to you and your family.
    carly123

Answer by carly123 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2010