Is this wrong??

My ex boyfriend is driving by my town next week. I havent seen him in 6 years... He asked me to lunch as friends, to catch up... I am married and have a baby. Is it wrong for me to have lunch with him? I could'nt tell my husband, he wouldn't agree with it. I don't want to feel like I am "sneeking around" but I would love to see my ex, he has always been a great friend, and Its not romantic at all.

Any opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Why would you go against something your husband was uncomfortable with? How would you feel if your husband's ex gf came into town and he wanted to have lunch?
    Your marriage comes first......
    Anonymous

• I don't see anything wrong with lunch.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You just have to look at it from another direction if it was him wanting to have lunch with a ex girlfriend and you not know would it be ok , even if it was just lunch and nothing romantic ?
    Anonymous

• yes. anything you can't do in front of youre husband or without his knowledge is sneaky and wrong .how would you feel if oyu found out he went to lunch w an ex but never told you? If you must see him tell him to come by the house with your hubby being there. This will just cause an argument and mis-trust.
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 11:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Thanks girls... what do you think if I tell my husband I would like to see my ex??? What if I just tell him so he is aware of it, and I won't feel like I am sneeking around. Perhaps my husband wouldn't mind... What do you think???
    Anonymous

• HES GOING OT WANT TO KNOW WHY.Why do you want to? ask yourself and think about it for a while. why not invite your husbnad to come along. If my husband wanted to see his ex without me Id think it was weird and I would wonder if he still thought about her romantically just as he may think about you and him.
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 12:03 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• If you can't tell your husband, don't do it. Tell him your ex is coming by, and you could ALL go meet him for lunch, as a family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Discussing it with your husband and you going together as a family to see your ex would be better , but if he disagrees and says no then dont go, Your marriage isnt worth a quick lunch
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• My opinion... Take your husband or don't go. If you're sneaking around than its wrong, whether or not it is. Tell your husband!
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 12:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I would say tell your husband that he's coming through town and since you two have stayed friends, you'd like him to come with you to meet him, he might feel more comfortable with it if you try to include him.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 1:03 AM on Jun. 18, 2010