Is this normal?

My 2 year old son (28 months to be exact), knows all the letters of the alphabet, knows all their sounds and can even write a few letters. When we play outside with sidewalk chalk, he draws the letters: H, A, I, J, O, W, and there are a few others. I know everyone thinks their own kids are the smartest so I don't want to get ahead of myself. But just wondering if this is what most kids his age are doing? I'm not really around a lot of kids his age so I really don't know.

cole08

Asked by cole08 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• in my experience as a child care provider your son is advanced for his age. Most kids don't develop what you are talking about until about 3yrs of age. Your're doing something right so keep it up!!!
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 12:29 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• MY SON ISNT DOING THAT YET BUT HE IS POTTY TRAINED EVERY KID IS DIFFERENT BUT I AGREE WITH PP GREAT JOB MOM!!!!
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 3:40 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I think it's advanced. But you have to be careful about giving him too much praise. Kids turn out lazy knowing that they are ahead of the game. There was a study done out there about how kids refuse to learn something if it's too hard because they were brought up to believe they are smart and should know everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Thank you for all the advice ladies, I appreciate it!
    cole08

Answer by cole08 at 9:38 AM on Jun. 18, 2010