Taking our son to float a river...need some advice.

We are taking our 3 year old son to float a local river. Its a one day trip. We know to bring sunblock, water, food, ect.

My question is this.....I am terrifed that if we flip our canoe then our son will go down river too fast for us to catch him. Would it be appropriate to tie a rope from his lifevest to my husband's? Just to keep him from going downriver if we were to flip.

We'd keep the rope short since I don't want to risk it getting around his neck, or do you think its better just to do away with the rope idea all together....or what else do you recommend? I'm just terrified he'll get away from us and wind up downriver.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't tie a rope around him. Honestly, canoes are really hard to capsize, unless you are in some really rough water, which I imagine you won't be considering you are taking your 3 year old? I would do without the rope.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:43 AM on Jun. 18, 2010