my son hurt his foot a week ago, and is still limping..

i think he just twisted it the wrong way, but since that day he hasn't stopped limping! i tried keeping him off it, and tried putting ice on it, but how are you supposed to keep a hyperactive 3yr old off their feet?! IMPOSSIBLE! anyway, the limp isn't that noticeable, and he doesn't complain about it. i asked him today if his foot still hurt and he said no. he just kinda walks on the side of his foot and limps a little. i figured it would heal on it's own, but now im regretting not taking him to the doctor or at least wrapping it up. could i have caused a big problem with whatever happened with his foot? :\

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Take him to the doctor now. After a week he should not still be limping on it and he needs an xray to make sure there isn't any permanent damage. I can understand not taking him in when it happened, but now he needs to be seen by a doctor.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:35 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Yeah, I would take him in now. My son hurt his knee playing soccer, and was complaining of it still hurting several days later so I took him in. It turned out to be nothing (brused muscle) but it could be that your son broke his foot, so def. take him in a see.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2010