What are the things that a DIL should avoid doing when she first meets her MIL?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• idk..but i can give you some tips that made my MIL like me. I wasnt picky when eating her food. I offered to help her clean the kitchen.
    She was impressed. She even made the comment "i wish my other daughter in law would help me clean up after meals" and i wasnt even her DIL yet =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:34 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Playing the drinking game "I never" when everything you have to drink to is stuff you've done with HER SON. Awkward.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• be in the process of having sex.

Always akward.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:33 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• who the hell is DIL and MIL? Type it out for your senior sisters. lol,,how can I help if I have no idea what the hell those abbreviations mean?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• general rule of thumb, no alcohol or immodest clothing on first meeting of a significant other's parents. would also suggest not chewing gum, I totally choked on it trying to swallow it because I forgot to spit it out once...oops :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:36 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• dil = daughter in law. mil = mother in law (sil can be son in law or sister in law, depending on context, and there's also fil and bil)

I think that you should be yourself, but at the same time, respectful and courteous. You should go into it with the attitude that you ARE going to like her. Because, after all, she managed to raise her son so that he became the man you love :-)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:50 AM on Jun. 18, 2010