Do you sell Make-Up?

I'm wondering what might be the best company to go with. As far as ease of plan; best pay; not having to recruit a lot of additional sales people; etc.

Do you sell Avon or Mary Kay or Bare Minerals; or any other line? What do you like or not about the products and the sales program?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• I was going to sell Mary Kay. I bought the starter kit for 100.00, but didn't sell anything. I'm still using the products in that box for myself:)
    With MK you will make 50% profit on all products. If you want to make the big bucks you need to recruit a lot of people and become a director. It can be profitable. One of my friends makes about 5,000.00 a month just off of people under her, that doesn't include her own personal sales. She works hard for it, though.
    Hope this helps!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I am in Mary Kay along w/ my other business. MK is great when you do make a sale because you do get 50% of your sale. The one bad part w/ MK is they push you to stock inventory. I didn't do that, but got some stuff for my customers. Check your area tho, because there may be more MK reps than you would think. I found that out after I signed up. lol Good luck to you! And I agree its a lot of team building to get anywhere w/ it, and in all honesty there is way to much work w/ that than you would think.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 7:15 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I chose Scentsy.....since my town is so small, it was hard to compete with others selling the same thing. I've made some really good money with it!! If you're interested, just let me know.

www.scentsy.com/my2scents
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 8:04 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Before buying or selling any skin care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products

Answer by rkoloms at 8:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• im mark and my step mom is avon.. i have great sales i have older ladies who like mark too it isnt just for young girls anymore.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 8:21 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Mia Bella's has a new make-up line but I stick with the candles. You can check out the make-up products at my website http://www.howreb.scent-team.com I've heard great raves from other distributors that sell the make-up. Good luck, Becky

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 8:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I agree with rkoloms.

Honestly im not good at sales either. Sharing im good at. Check out my site http://www.Plans4me.info

If you are interested in our work go to http://www.NewCareer4Me.info

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:49 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I am a Mary Kay Consultant. Love it. There are several avenue of incomes. I love sharing this opportunity with other because some one was bold enough to share with me which freed me from 9-5. There are so many successful home business moms on cafe mom. Hope you find one.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 10:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• OP Here:

Ok so see here's the thing. I don't need to "get rich" but I would like to be able to count on something. I however don't want to have to hound my friends; family; neighbors; or random people to sign up to also sell just so I can do so. If other people are interested of course I'm more than happy to sell myself and help them sign up and all that would entail I just don't want to pester people to sell; it's enough to have to pester them to buy lol.

I feel (and have been told) I'm pretty good at sales; but I really need to believe in my product and I'm really only good at closing and upselling; the cold calling, trying to convince someone to buy something they're not even looking for that's the hard one for me. ie if you want a couch I can sell you the most expensive couch and a love seat; but if you want a couch; I won't be able to sell you a jet ski.
    Anonymous

• My name is Brittany and I'm a SAHM and have a home based business. I'm going to be to the point and hit on the basics for you! ;))

Yes, make-up sells. Especially, if it's a product worth getting excited about.

I work for a health and wellness company that is different from anything on the market. The products are pure, safe and beneficial. Specially formulated in Switzerland and made in the U.S. with the most potent botanically based ingredients. What makes us different? Our products DO NOT contain: mineral oil, petroleum, gluten, formaldehyde, animal by-products nor have the ever been tested on animals! We are VEGAN CERTIFIED! Technology with clinical data to back our products. Giving customers real results! These products work!!! We have skin care for women (Anti-Aging) men, babies & adults with sensitive skin, cosmetics that are light as air-using Optilight Technology, vitamins, weight loss, etc...
    BrittsArbonne

Answer by BrittsArbonne at 4:19 AM on Jun. 19, 2010