I'm a Psychology major in college, but I love learning about art, music, and different cultures.

I am very interested in Chinese culture, and I want to learn the language. Last year, I traveled to China with my family. I am a Russian girl. I love listening to classical music and reading novels by Russian authors. I've been getting into Indian and Arabic music lately. I also practice yoga. If I want to know everything about topics not related to school, does this mean that I am obsessed? Or just passionate about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There is nothing wrong with having many different passions. Why not use your passion for other cultures to study cross cultural psychology?
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 1:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• it means you will be a well rounded and knowledgable person and well worth having a conversation with. Learn all you can while you can!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• No, I don't think you're obsessed and yes, you're passionate about other things. Why try and pidgeon hole yourself or allow others to box you? Have you considered the possibility of obtaining a dual major or perhaps minor? Whatever the case, live your life and your dreams til the day you die!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 5:37 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• What are your career goals? Have you mapped out a path to employment?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:59 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I think you have a passion and there is not a thing wrong with that. You keep learning and exploring what interests you and what you become passionate about.
    I have a daughter who has had a passion for the Japanese culture since she was a young teen and she has explored various different aspects of the culture in order to gain a truthful and correct knowledge of it. She took the Japanese language classes in school for three years and can read it, she has a friend who travels to Japan often that helps her to identify or obtain objects of interest, she visits the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC each year to chat with Japanese exchange students who help at the festival, and she just gently, yet quietly, devotes her time to learning and practicing some of their cultural tasks.
    It isn't an obsession....it is an interest that should be explored as far as you wish to.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:49 AM on Jun. 18, 2010