Do you get paranoid having personal information and pictures on your cafemom profile?

I just uploaded some pictures the other day and then deleted them. I'm not sure what I'm so paranoid about. Am I alone on this?

theutilitarian

Asked by theutilitarian at 1:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope you are not alone in that. I started a new profile {this one} for that same reason. Now I have very few personal details in my profile.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:00 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Nope, nor am I all that concerned about my Google accounts, Twitter, FB, Stumble, etc. etc. etc... Unless someone is really effing equipped, they aren't going to get all that much useful info from it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:00 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• set your profile to private and your good to go
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I just keep all my settings to private or "friends only'' to avoid anything scary. I do the same on facebook. Periodically I'll do a search of my name or my screen name on on google or yahoo just to make sure nothing comes up. The only thing thay ever does is my old myspace profile that I can't delete because I forgot the email and password.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 2:29 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• i dont do much on pics...either way what little info i do have its set to private or friends only..and those frineds are CLOSE friends
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:32 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• the only things on my cafemom profile are my name, my profile photo, where I live (which is actually slightly inaccurate), and a few other minor details. nothing anyone can actually use for anything and nothing I wouldn't tell the person who bags my groceries.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:54 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I am bemused that you seem to function under the misconception that your information is in any way secure.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• nope your not alone. I only share photos with my closest friends. i did post photos online at some point because everyone else seems to be doing it and some friends had been asking me about it. So I did. But recently, I deleted the photos again. It's just too personal to share with everyone.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 4:23 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I don't have pictures of my kids or anything like that on here. I have some on my facebook page, but, unlike here, if I'm friends with you on facebook, then I know you in real life (the exceptions to this are people who have married relatives since the last time I've been able to go home on vacation, and I'm close to their new spouse).

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• i think the only people who should worry about stalkers are the people who "friend" every single person without even having a single conversation with them and the people on facebook that post what they are doing every second of everyday. If you end up having a stalker on face book and you are posting "going to the zoo", "going to the bank", it would be easy for a stalker to eventually figure out the place you go and follow you
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:30 AM on Jun. 18, 2010