If you already graduated from college, do you still enjoy stimulating your mind and learning new things?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I want to just be a career student and never actually work lol!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:45 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Absolutely! but i took a non traditional route in college. I wanted to learn and acquire new knowledge and stimulate my intellect and be challenged and thus grow as a person rather than memorize just enough facts to puke back during an exam so i could 'earn' my degree without actually learning anything. I was shocked at the number of people i met in college who didn't care about learning and expanding their horizons. They were there to get that piece of paper, nothing more. I have always been a curious person.( curiousity killed the cat.....) and college simply whet my appetite.( but satisfaction brought her back.)
    angelenia

Answer by angelenia at 4:07 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Yes!!! i love learning new things. it makes me feel more alive.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 4:21 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I didn't go to college, I took a different route in life. However, I am constantly reading, taking classes (not for college credits), and exploring the world. I LOVE learning new things, it makes life so much more interesting. Because, as Auntie Mame said (in the movie titled the same) - 'Live is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:47 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• yupper. i read just about ANYTHING i can get my hands on.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:53 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Yes! I want to go back to college someday. I love learning!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:40 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I absolutely did! I appreciate the things I learned there and even more the fact that I learned 'how to research'. These days, some 25 years after I graduated, I can still use those skills to help me to learn anything that takes my fancy! The Internet is a new tool in that (makes it easier in many ways) but the basic skills are the ones I learned as an undergraduate. I also made some of the best friends of my life in those days, including my wonderful husband of nearly 18 years.
    Manth

Answer by Manth at 7:46 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Yes, I am very much like that. I missed college so much when I graduated. I was sad for the classes I didn't get to take. But I compensate by reading all I can especially nonfiction stuff. I soak it up like a sponge. I'm currently reading about the lives of ants. It is so interesting to me. I love to learn about how thing work especially when it comes to biology.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• yes, and i find my career very satisfying for that. i am challenged everyday.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 8:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Absolutely! I have two degrees and still love learning. I would really enjoy going back to school again at some point, maybe when my kids get older. But I read all the time!

Answer by missanc at 8:29 AM on Jun. 18, 2010