Please Tell Me I am NOT the only one...

Who sees putting a baby in a cage, in a completely different room of your home, as going against every natural instinct that we, as mothers, have been imprinted with.
Please, oh, please tell me I am not the only one who sees this as wrong!?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 3:42 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in About CafeMom

• A baby in a cage??!
    tae07

Answer by tae07 at 3:45 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• yes, a crib. Far, far away from the warmth of his/her mothers arms... How do people shove an infant into a cage, in a completely different room, and actually sleep at night?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:46 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• A NEWBORN NO WAY BUT AFTER 4 -6 MONTHS OH YEAH HE IS OUTTA MY ROOM i NEED MY SEX LIFE BACK.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 3:53 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• We co-slept till 12 months and then moved to a "cage" in a room 15ft away. My aunt's 4 year old was still sleeping with them and I just didn't want to be there in 3 years. I'll do the same with the next baby.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:07 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• We co slept for developmental issues but I don't see a problem with a crib in most situations.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:54 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• errrrr what on EARTH. yes you will really convince anyone of a need to change by calling cribs CAGES. LOVELY. no babies dont beloong in cribs or playpens for overly long periods of time. but babies have been being put in cribs for a very very long time in hisotry and amazingly enough humankind has survived it. the horror. sigh.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• ha ha, my baby sleeps very well in his "cage" and actually prefers it to co-sleeping. lol your funny, a "cage".
    Kalebs_mommy23

Answer by Kalebs_mommy23 at 5:36 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• My babies slept in a crib in another room because there wasn't room for a crib or bassinet in our room and our bed is small and DH and I are both big. I figured they were a lot safer in a crib in the next room than in our crowded bed where me or my DH could accidentally squish them. If other people feel comfortable with co-sleeping though I don't have a problem with it. I just did what I felt was best for my babies at the time, just like I'm sure that co-sleeping is what is best for you and your baby. What is best for our own child isn't always best for someone else's child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• oh..my so did not like being caged..so i did not leave him there =) i would much rather let him out than to hear him scream and cry. Can't stand hearing a baby cry.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:04 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• "son"
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:05 AM on Jun. 18, 2010