C-SECTION MOMMY GLUE OR STAPLES?????

i HAD STAPLES AND WISHED I COULD HAVE GOT THE GLUE MY FRIEND DID.BUT WHEN THEY WERE TAKING THEM OUT IT DIDNT HURT TO BAD JUST LIKE PLUCKING EYEBROWS LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had staples... You can barely see my scar either.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:19 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• i was glued can barely see the scar :)
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 4:15 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• i had staples..can barely see my scar. My friends daughter had glue..she had an allergic reaction to it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• The very VERY best thing you can ask for is to be HAND SUTURED (stitched up). You can't even see my scar and they even got rid of the giant purple earth worm looking scar from my first C/S which was staples. Plus you heal better. Good luck!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:39 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Glue. I was reading an article the other day, I can try to find the reference if anyone wants, and it said that women who have staples for their csection end up having more problems and you should have it written in your birth plan which you want used.

Answer by missanc at 8:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I had staples...they were only in for a few days...surprised that I couldn't even feel them being removed and I am amazed that the scar is barely visible and there is no indication of the staples. My c-section was a complete breeze and I never had a moment of pain with it. Seriously!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:13 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Neither, I was hand sutured. I had almost no pain, the scar is tiny and barely visible, and there's no "flap" thing going on.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 8:18 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I was glued, barely a scar & no flap thingy either. Hadn't thought about the choice before I had the c section but I'm glad my dr went w/ glue.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:30 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I had stitches with my first two and my third was staples(dr was an idiot and thats all I will say LOL).

You can barely see my scar.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:42 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Hand sutured with one long running stitch. It was so easy to take out, they just clipped the knot on the end and one long pull and all done. No pain, no fuss, no muss. I had staples after I had my tubes tied - they had to open me up along the same incision (6 months later) and it was terrible. They twisted and pulled, she pulled extra skin in and it was terrible. So much pain I couldn't even sit up straight and taking them out was horrible, they had to un-twist them before removing them. Felt so much better once they were out.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:44 AM on Jun. 18, 2010