14 month old too attached to me

My daughter is 14 months old. She wants only me most of the time. She will go to daddy and big sister (13 yrs) sometimes but if I am near her or visible she wants me. She will scream and cry and hang off of me to get me to hold her. She is also VERY jealous. If I hold another baby (like a friend's baby or helping in the nursery at church) she will scream and hang on me. This morning her 3 yr old sister was on my lap on the couch and she stood there screaming and crying and pulling on my pants.
Any ideas?

SoniaL

Asked by SoniaL at 8:26 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it's normal. I have 5 and my 15 month old is the same way. Mine have all done this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Completely normal at this age. I would continue to ignore the behavior. The quicker she realizes that she can't get everything that she wants the quicker it will stop. Their little worlds revolve around them and it is normal, but by the age to 2 they have to start realizing that the world doesn't revolve around them.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:16 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• This is actually a great thing! This demonstrates how well bonded the two of you are. Enjoy it! One day she will be a teen, and pretend that she doesn't know you.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:46 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Yes, normal. They go into stages of super attachment and then get more independent. 14-month-old is supposed to be attached to mom. She's fine! :)
    MarlaMomma

Answer by MarlaMomma at 11:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Your daughter you say is fourteen months old. You probably are with her the most so she feels safe. She is still little and doesn't know any better yet.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2010