What's you opinion about tampons/pads/pantyliners?

I sometimes use the pantyliner for the days I'm ovulating since there would be an increase of cervical mucus at ovulation.

Now addressing the tampons issue I don't use them but out of curiosity I read the Warnings on the package and it says that it can cause Toxic shock syndrome.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Health

• i think the only way someone can get tss is from leaving one in for a longer period of time. One time i left a tampon in for a month..not on purpose. I had cut the string..had a seizure..was flowing heavily and forgot that i had one in and was bleeding all over the place so i put another one in...an entire month went by and when my period started it pushed that tampon out. I was so scared i went to the ER but they said i was fine because if i had tss i would know
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• i like tampons but i'm using pads and pantyliners for the same reasons you are
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• The "Modern Woman" uses tampons. I haven't heard of any lawsuit against the companies that make tampons.

BTW I'd never use tampons.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 9:08 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• toxic shock is very rare these days,,I couldn't use anythng but a tampon,,it used to happen when women didn't change them every 3 or 4 hours,,,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• lol @ shay... sorry, that was funny!
    I couldn't participate in sports, or do most of my regular activities with as heavy as my flow is (and always has been), so I started using tampons when I was around 11.
    TSS is rare, and your risk increases with the higher absorbency tampons. It is more likely that in an monogamous relationship, one or both of you will contract some form of HPV (actually happens frequently, since there are many ways to get it without having sex). It's not something I am highly concerned with.
    Unless I use a granny pad (which won't even fit in my undies!) then I can't use them- my flow is so heavy that I have to use ULTRA absorbency tampons, and change them less than every couple of hours. It's insane. I bleed right through the pads.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:34 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• obby it was actually funny..i didnt know it was a tampon coming out of me..i thought "what the hell is this comin out of my vagina"
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I've used tampons since I was a teen. You can use them whether you're a virgin or not (that's a common myth - that if you're a virgin, you can't use a tampon). I also use a panty liner - not all the time, but at certain times of the month, and also as a "backup" to my tampon, because my flow can be extremely heavy. (I've had times where I've gone through a super tampon and a panty liner in an hour - occasionally, even quicker than that...)

Personally, I don't like using pads. My dd prefers pads. I think it's all about personal choice.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:31 AM on Jun. 18, 2010