sick question????

my son is 2 years old and he has had low grade fever since Jan.2010. i took him to the doctor and she did blood work and a urine test. the urine test came back and said he had a UTI. So the doctor put him on an antibiotic. then i took him to see his his urologist in march. he said everything looked ok. i stopped taking his temp. then the end of april i started taking the temps again. low grade again. it goes from 99.1 to 100.9. i waited a week before calling the doctor. she wanted more blood work and another urine test. everything came back great. just took him back and she wanted a blood culture x2 and a chest x-ray. she then called me and he has bronchitis and pneumonia in the left lung. we do not understand it he has had no cough and is acking fine. just low grade fever. how would he have gotten that and why does he not have symptoms???????? HELP

mommy000308

Asked by mommy000308 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Health

• at this point i would try alternative therapies, like a chiropractor, a homeopath or an acupuncturist. like pp, i first thought that could be your childs normal temperature. it could be that your child's body was fighting the bronchitis and pneumonia just fine on its own. the medical interventions may be hindering your baby's immune system.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:36 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• That is a very good question and I don't think many of us here are going to have a clue to give you a satisfactory answer. I have a friend whose normal temp is usually around 99.5-100, so I was going to say that until you gave us the punch line of pneumonia! That is amazing. I'm a pediatric nurse and if you ever want to chat, friend me and we can!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I agree with the PP. Allopathic medicine has failed your child. Look here, on the left, towards the bottom: http://mothering.com/health

Answer by rkoloms at 9:41 AM on Jun. 18, 2010