Do your kids annoy you?

My seven month old son really gets on my nerves and I dont know why.

xmama_bellax

Asked by xmama_bellax at 8:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, of course kids can be annoying, at ANY age. That's just my opinion. I mean, really, sometimes you just DON'T want to hear any more crying (at the age yours is) or, in the case of a toddler like I have, any more WHINING. You're not a saint; you can't be expected to adore every sound they utter every day of their lives. HOWEVER, I also very much agree with the people who say to keep track of WHY you are feeling this way-- & how often. It's normal to feel stressed or irritated by the baby sometimes, but not ALL the time. If it's more like ALL the time, you could have postpartum depression, be sleep-deprived, or have some other psychological issue. (PPD can make you feel moody & impatient too, not just sad. You should check out the Support for Depression group on this site.) Do you feel like you are enjoying being with your son in general, and taking good care of him at all times? Thats priority 1, but so is your happiness.
    amityinireland

Answer by amityinireland at 10:57 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I don't have much patience, but I wouldn't say he annoys me. I know that I need to be more patient. I get annoyed with myself.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• YES!!! my 5 year old when she gets in her pissy whinny moods.....she is stuborn and refuses to do anything and whines in this shrill voice....she is wonderful but when she starts that it is like nails on a chalk board.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• As they get older some habits become obnoxious but I wouldn't say annoying. What could a 7 month old do that could really annoy you? That is crazy.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 9:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• 7 months? That's really young to be annoying. Wait until he gets older. He's a baby, how annoying could a 7 month old be?
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• At 7 mos I wouldn't say annoying. Maybe needy. At 2 yes annoying. My 2 yo will push every button she can find until I snap and Daddy has to come rescue one of us. It is usually me that he rescues and tells me to go take a break.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:13 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• He whines a lot. Hes crawling and standing already, so he can go play with his toys or wander around, he's not really bored. He wants something but doesnt want anything. I dont know if its me or him
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:17 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• that young I would say you are tired or stressed or both
    but not that baby is annoying

NOW, take my step kids at ten and almost 14=they CAN BE ANNOYING
    they bicker like an old unhappily married couple, S/O and I say they fight like the Honeymooners (old tv show-for you young ones out there)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:27 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• But you can tell 14 year old kids to shut up, I cant tell him to shut up he wont even understand lol.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:30 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Try wearing your baby, with a sling or other carrier.

My guess is that you had an epidural; sadly, epidurals often lead to a delay in maternal/child bonding, especially if are not breastfeeding.

Your baby just wants to be held and nurtured.

You may want to consider getting a referral to a therapist; your issue may me depression.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:43 AM on Jun. 18, 2010