Would this be rude?.....................................

I gave a friend of mine a car seat right? Then I needed it back because of the way the one I bought was fitting my son so I asked her if we could trade seats, the one I had just bougth for the return of the one I gave her. She agreed and we traded. But the seat I got back from her just got stolen off my front porch so I was forced to get another. The problem is the seat I have now has a special safety feature called "SafeStop" that my husband can't manage to use correctly no matter how hard he tries to figure it out. It has been probably two months now and it is starting to scare me because when he puts the seat in for our son its never done correctly. Would it be rude to ask my friend if she would trade me once more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't think you should ask her to trade seats again,,,, I guess you need to buy another one,, and maybe sell the one you have since it has been barely use and you know it has not been involved in any accident or anything,,,,,I would take your hubby shopping for the new one, and make sure he can install it properly
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:48 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Why not just return the new one and get a different one?
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I have had it for two months and I don't have the box or receipt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• yes
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• or go to a fire or police department and have them put it in correctly. It would be rude and if it were me, i'd probably never take anything from you again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• We don't have a car so it comes in and out every time we go somewhere. Besides, I am a certified tech myself, I don't need the fire department to teach me how to use the seat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• girl..did you get that from walmart? don't you know they take anything back? just clean it up real good
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I actually got it from Highway Patrol for free. You ladies are probably right, it would be rude. I just don't have the money for a new seat and I am beginning to feel desperate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• You need to take your husband to the fire department and have them show him how to do it, or since you are certified,, show him how to do it,, if the other seat wasn't fitting your son the right way......can you return the seat?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:26 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I have probably shown my husband like 8 or 10 times and he is like "huh?" In any case I guess that doesn't make it any less rude right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jun. 18, 2010