babysitting(vent/question)

ok so i said i would watch the neighbor girl who is six thinking she is older than my three year old it would be kinda easy....boy was i wrong come to find out this little girl eats all the time like if she is bored(not bc she is hungry) ...i also found out that the parents kinda bribe her with food like to go with them somewhere(totally disagree)..like this lil girl is gonna eat me outta house and home...im not use to it my daughter eats when she is hungry only..ok so there is my vent kinda lol(let me mention i will never do this again) ok so here is my question today is my last day watching the girl and the father was not going into work bc he had another job interview am i in the wrong for asking the mother if bc he is not working today if he was picking her up after his interview?? bc i just found out last night that a girlfriend is coming in from way outta town and i want to go see her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, I would ask if he was planning on picking her up early because you have some things that you need to do.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:10 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I think you should voice your opinion to them. I would straight out tell them; "If you want your child to be obese, keep doing what your doing, if not get some help with your parenting skills." And You should ask when and who is picking the child up because they should tell you how long you're watching her for.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I think you should ask them to pick her up,, Have you already been paid? I guess if the can't you shouldn't be too mad, and as xmamma said,, I too think you need to voice your opinion to them,, but probably a better conversation to have with the mother? IDK,, I feel kind of sorry for the little girl,, her parents are abusing her in a way! good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:14 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Totally fine to ask about when she is getting picked up. And for future reference (since you said this is the last day you are watching her), when I babysat I had some kids who ate all day at home or were able to eat a few bites then go play and 20 minutes later want something else, etc. It was made clear to them that in my house you follow MY rules on food. End of story. No reason any kid you babysit should eat you out of house and home. You set the rules as to eating and they are the typical rules for your house.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:46 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• thanks ladies i forgot to add that they have been dropping her off all week at 730am and not picking her up until like 530pm that is like ten hours...and the mom just txted me and said the dad would pick her up around noon today...and i havent been paid yet they need to pay me today...yea i know they are abusing her a child needs to learn to listen to what a parent says bc they are their parents and they need to listen to them not bc they are gonna get a treat...i think i also have a problem when my 3yr old has more manners then her at 6...and they fact that she acts like a baby...she is going to first grade to me she should know how to speak not saying "me hungry" and etc....i dont know like i said i will not do this again and she is sneaky
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jun. 18, 2010