What is the best type of rocking chair to have?

Glider rocker, rocker recliner, traditional?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• For baby I mean!!! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• We bought a glider rocker ($400) at Ashley's Furniture. It's awesome!

THe first one we bought at Wal-Mart ($140) and it lasted 2 months.

I
    Anonymous

• We got a really nice glider and gliding foot rest at BabiesRUs for my DS nursery and it was great for late night feedings. The chair upholstery is removable for cleaning. The foot rest is upholstered too.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• We have a glider we got at Target for $250. I really enjoyed using it when our dd was young, and still sit in it to read to my daughter now that shes 3.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 10:04 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I have them all and I love the Glider Rocker with the footrest for middle of the night feedings and for when they are infants.
    My husband loves to use his rocker recliner in the living room, but I don't find it comfy enough.
    I do have a traditional wood rocking chair, which my 16 month old granddaughter prefers to be rocked in now because it is in the living room, but she still likes to be soothed in the glider rocker when she is super tired or feeling ill.
    I found the glider rocker with a small pillow to lean back on more comfy on my bad back, too, and it was a lot easier to get in and out of with a sleeping infant in your arms.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:29 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I have a traditional rocking chair. I love it. I've had it for 15 years, well before I had kids. I love it.
    However, I would LOVE a rocker recliner.
    I've had bad experiences with the glider. Mostly, it broke when my fat ass younger brother sat in it. Apparently, there's a weight limit to those things.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2010