is it normal for sex to sloowww down this early in our marrige??

My husband and i got married 2 years ago when i was 16 and he was 24. Sex had never been aa problem actualy we were having sex 3-4 times a day but shorty after our 1st daughter was born in febuary of 2009 the sex starting slowing down and fast when we found out that we were pregnat with are 2ed baby sex kinda came to a hult now we are only having sex 2 times a week. is this normal??dose this happen to everyone?? will thing go back to normal??

motherof1soon2

Asked by motherof1soon2 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• studies show that couples who have THAT much sex (2-3 times a day) will burn out their sex life faster than a couple who keeps it at 2-3 times a week. Take a break, don't have sex for a few weeks, it will pick back up again. I'm serious about that though. My sister & her husband went to a sex therapist who said that they were having TOO MUCH sex in the beginning & they both got burnt out with each other. Too much sex is not a good thing in a relationship.

To keep the sex alive & kicking, it's better to have sex 2-5 times a week rather than every single day, DEFINITELY NOT 3-4 times a day. You guys will be sick of each other & looking for other sex partners in no time if you keep that up. Men like a little mystery ya know.....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:29 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• 2 times a week and your complaining? LOL! I wish I could have sex that much. When you have kids, it's a whole new ball game.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 9:19 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I don't think it will go back to several times a day. A couple times a week is pretty good after the honeymoon is over.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I dont think I can have sex 3 times a day even if I tried. I'm not married and I'm only 18 lol. Have you talked to your husband about this? Maybe he has some issues.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:26 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• 2 times a week is normal,3-4 times a day isn't.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Shoot, DH and I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 13 month old, been married 5 years and we're thrilled if we get to it once a week! I think we're asleep 30 seconds after our heads hit the pillow these days.
    mom2ben

Answer by mom2ben at 9:30 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• When i was first with my hubby we could get up to 3 times a day a lot but just not everyday..lol but I know what you mean... we have been together 10 years know, and sex is deff still really good, there are weeks were we go everynight or there could be weeks with nothing... I would say 2 to 4 times a week is normal if you want more then make it happen take his pants off and jump on him usually men will NOT say no..lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Maybe your DH found it gross seeing your legs all up like that and the baby coming out? My DH was like that after our first then he wanted another baby I told him how am I gonna have another if we don't have sex LOL. after our second he was back at only wanting sex 1 time a week sometimes every 2 weeks. I would get up on him and start kissing and tiouching he would tell me tomorrow next day tomorrow. Our sex life is fine now it has been about a year now that is has been good. But I talked to him about it telling him I have needs to and stuff adn I almost cheated on him with an X (not telling you to do that lol), but I then told him about almost cheating on him so now we have sex at least once every 3 days lol. I found out a couple months back why. My sister is wanting another baby he told BIL not to be in the room it will ruine the sex lol. So I am guessing everytime we had sex he was thinking of my stuff like that lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:36 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• with kids, um, you fit it in when you have time AND energy...no matter how long you've been married. can i just throw in a personal cheer for you and your hubby? please remind eachother everyday how much u love each other. dont let it go for any reason :) get a babysitter and stay in, with a bottle of wine and a plate of oysters!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• It's normal for sex to slow down when you have young children.  They demand a lot of time and attention and that is exhausting.  Your sex life will pick up as they grow.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:16 AM on Jun. 18, 2010