What if "Caucasian" people had been slaves instead of Black people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL, than there would be no white people left on this earth. Because they wouldn't make it through the horrific, torturing labor. Im just being honest. Black people are tough. Hell , it all started in Africa right? where people had to do EVERYTHING by hand to survive like, building houses(grass and mud houses from scratch with no sketches), getting water, planting food etc. Yeah, like i said, lots and lots of white people would have perished during that time. JMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• White people were slaves, and still are in some countries. What a stupid question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Africans werent the only slaves. White people were slaves too, maybe not widely known in the United States, but they were.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:27 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Then it would still be a part of our country's history. I suppose I am not getting where you are going with this question.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:27 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• White people have been slaves. In fact, European countries were routinely raided by African countries for slaves even before the trans-Atlantic slave trade. Every race has had slavery. It's just not as well known, especially in the U.S..
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 9:28 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I suppose I am not getting where you are going with this question.

I didn't know there were white slaves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• It would still be the PAST
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• i was a slave...a dish slave, a laundry slave, ..wait..i still am
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• :31

anon :31 has a good argument.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• If you mean in the sense that it was a majority of African Americans that owned Caucasians on their plantation sort of thing, then my answer is that it would still be what it is now - a blight on our history, but one that is history - we should learn from it, but we shouldn't cling to the anger and hostility of it (there is not a single person alive today that was owned by or owned anther in the US, as far as that sort of slavery went). It would be like women still resenting men because they, too, were effectively owned by the men in their lives (fathers could approve / disapprove marriages, then all property and children belonged to the dh). In fact, African American men got the vote long before women. But, it's in the past - there have been many people of all races and sex that have worked to overcome it. To cling to the anger is, to me, in a way sort of cheapening what they did to bring more unity and equality.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:35 AM on Jun. 18, 2010