Injection Vs Firing Squad?

Today in the news:

"AP - A death row inmate who had used a gun to fatally shoot two men suffered the same fate Friday morning as he was executed by a team of marksmen — the first time Utah used the firing squad to carry out a death sentence in 14 years."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My mouth dropped when I heard this last night on the news. I'm not officially sure how I feel about the shooting aspect of it. They did say that 1 of the shooters guns will be blank so that none of them will know for sure if they shot him. They'll always wonder if there's was the blank. I guess for the shooter's that alright but I could never do that job. I also think it's ridiculous that he got to CHOOSE how he dies. I think he should have got the OPPOSITE of what he chose.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 11:48 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• He got what he deserved lol
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:34 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• it doesnt bother me..however, i don't like that he got to make the decision of his death. I do like the idea though that he was put to death the same way he put others to death
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• When one is found guilty of committing a heinous crime (such as this one), I agree with the practice of "an eye for an eye" punishment. Besides, didn't this criminal REQUEST to be executed by firing squad?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:37 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• So..what do you guys suggest we do with rapist? torcher them with a big dildo?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I think thats a good idea shay, haha. This country has gone to shit with punishment for crimes. Criminals have it made, they get a roof, food, and clothes, and education, and even more with our tax money. Thats not punishment.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:41 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• If I had to choose between the two methods of death, I would choose the firing squad.

Personal fear levels make me much less scared bleeding than I am of the lung asphyxiation that happens with the lethal injection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• @shay I would let society "have their way" with him.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:44 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

***
    Nah...PMITA prison with Bubba at the "helm" daily for about 5 or so years, would be sufficient!!! Kind of like what will happen to Joran Van Der Sloot once he hits the genral population--I give him an afternoon before he's dead.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:45 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Live by the gun, die by the gun...I think that should apply in all circumstances of murderers. However you kill someone, that is how you should be put to death.
    BobbieB

Answer by BobbieB at 10:01 AM on Jun. 18, 2010