Will this solve the Breastfeeding in Public Places issue?

If you're planning to go outdoors with your baby pump some breastmilk and put in in a bottle/sippy cup whatever is convenient for your child. So if your child gets hungry just give him the bottle/syppy cup. You don't have to worry about people staring at you or criticizing you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That is a good idea and it may work for some, but from my experience... If you exclusively breastfeed it is VERY HARD to get your child to take breast milk in anything other the mommy's breast. I'm sure you can understand. It's an easy fact to overlook.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• No one will stare or criticize you if you just cover up.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Not all babies will take a bottle and not all moms can pump. Besides, doing that takes away some of the nutrients. Why don't all the naysayer just shut their eyes and not worry about my business?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:19 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Good Idea. But I don't know how to pump it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I think nipple confusion is a myth propagated by the breast feeding only camp. Children have taken both all the time. Many moms are working moms. Their baby breastfeeds at home and gets breast milk in a bottle at daycare.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• no one ever stared at me anyway... i didn't cover up... i also didn't just take my shirt off (which, honestly, NO ONE does.) i bet the people on here that are offended by it have walked by several women who were breastfeeding, and didn't even know it.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 10:22 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• There's the issue of nipple confusion. A lot of babies will not take the breast after they've had a bottle because it's easier flow. A lot of babies don't/won't even take to bottles because it's different from the nipple on a breast.
    Sorry...I don't see you solving that problem.
    I say, breastfeed in public if you want, but please have a blanket/sheet over your breast while you do it for the modesty of yourself! There's nothing about breastfeeding to be ashamed about...but I don't want to show my boobs to everyone! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• It took my son a month of no breastfeeding at all and trying every damn nipple I could find to get him to take a bottle properly. He could not grasp the concept. So, no not a myth...ANON.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:25 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• To anon 10:21.....my DD wouldn't take bottles...even through 12 months and on....she went straight from breast to sippy cup....we tried everything to get her to take a bottle and she never wanted it, wouldn't drink out of one! I don't think it's a myth....i've expirienced a child that would not take a bottle.
    On the other hand, my boys would NOT take to the breast..no matter how long/what I tried. They did bottles until they learned how to drink out of sippy cups.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I think that you making some sense. But breastfeeding is so easy that I don't think I could manage to do all the things that involve bottlefeeding such as washing, sterilization, packaging, etc.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 10:27 AM on Jun. 18, 2010