at what age should i stop showering with my son?

im a single parent and i dont want to leave my son alone while i shower. but i know i cant shower with him forever...

wisteriastars

Asked by wisteriastars at 10:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would say 4 maybe it depends on the child.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I don't know,, I don't think it is too big of deal,,maybe about 3? I would adjust my shower schedule to do it before he woke up or after he went to sleep,,,,,I don't think it is shameful to shower with your kiddo,,, but I would totally stop before he was a teenager,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:28 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• you can't just lock him in the bathroom with you, without showering with him?
    I know my boys were way too curious to shower with them...they'd be touching everything and i'm not going to have that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I stopped when he turned 3.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:32 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• When you start asking when you can stop, I think its time.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:33 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• i'd say 4-5
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:36 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• My son was almost 4 and that was only because his dad moved in with us and made me feel bad about it. There was nothing disturbing about it but he was molested when he was a kid so he was projecting. But I say when you no longer feel comfortable or when he doesnt...
    jajumommy2000

Answer by jajumommy2000 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Oh and I might add mine is almost 15 and no lasting effects, lol.
    jajumommy2000

Answer by jajumommy2000 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Whenever your son starts becoming way too curious. My kiddo is 3½ and shows no interest in what's going on with mom's body yet. He is primarily amazed that daddy has a hairy belly button. LOL

I stopped bathing with him quite awhile ago but we only have a tub, no shower although I think he took a shower with me when we were on vacation and he would have been just shy of 3. He still jumps in with dh once in awhile, but that will stop also by the time he is 5 at the latest I'm sure. I guess if you wanted an age limit for my child probably 4 or 5 because he's not curious about me yet so I would stop when he is if we had a shower.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• My son is 3 and I am no longer comfortable showering with him.
    JasonsMom2007

Answer by JasonsMom2007 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 18, 2010