Can I give my daughter...

Carnation Instant Breakfast? She is 2.There are some mornings where she just won't eat. Like she wont even want pancakes which are her favorite. So I dont want to leave her feeling hungry, or mess up her eating schedule, so I give her a cup of carnation instant breakfast. Is this okay?

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I personally think pediasure and the other stuff they make for kids is full of sugar and is super sweet. I wouldn't even drink them. I would say that the carnation instant breakfast isn't as bad as the other crap they MAKE for kids.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• why wouldn't you be able to give it to her, my kids started drinking it at one when they were off the bottle
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:26 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I was just wondering if maybe it had too many vitamins in it or whatever.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I have given it to all three of my kids when they were that little. In fact thats the only chocolate milk they get. I never thought too much about too many vitamins in it but then I don't put as much mix in the milk as the package says because I think it makes it way to much chocolate flavor.
    tess785

Answer by tess785 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• My dd's dr. said to give it as a drink with my dd for breakfast and dinner. To help put a little weight on her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I think it would be fine. But something like pediasure would be more age appropriate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I would say if it really worries you to get some pediasure it's the same thing but formulated for toddlers.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Gerber is making something now that is a dairy beverage. I don't know if it is a replacement for milk or more like pediasure. Will she drink in place of eat? You also could try making some smoothies for her with yogurt , fruit and milk to thin it out. you could even mix in some instant breakfast powder in it to her liking.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 12:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2010