why does my 2.5 year old keep pinches my boobs???

She will be 2.5 next month she only nursed 2 weeks of her life because I was in and out of emergency rooms when she was born and I didn't have enough milk to pump yet so I dried up anyway, for the past 2-3 weeks she has been wanting nothing but held from either mommy or daddy, but mostly mommy and when I am holding her she either plays with them or pinches them the more I tell her to stop the more she will laugh about it and do it. I don't laugh when I tell her no I simply pull her and away from my breasts and tell her NO she laughs and goes back to my boob. She does it in front of people to and is embarrassing. How do I get her to stop? Why does she keep doing it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it's really normal. Boobs are a pretty fascinating thing. ; )

Just be very calm about it. Brush her away every time she does it immediately and tell her "We don't play with mommy's boobs" or whatever you call them to her. Try avoiding big reactions because she'll probably find it funny.

My 2 1/2 year old DS is in love with my belly button. He reaches up my shirts and dresses to feel it. It can be really awkward/silly, but I try really hard to play it down. He is slowly getting over it. He just thinks belly buttons are really cool!
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 11:09 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Distraction, I don't think it is adnormal, they don't know what the heck it is.

They just think soft and squishy. It is fun to them, in a harmless way.

Kind of distract her, say oh wow look, or get a plush toy. Distraction is the best way.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• She likes getting a reaction out of you.

I would try, distracting her and act as if she is not doing it. Either move or gently push her away and do something else.

Dont tell her no or stop...she likes making you react.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:47 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• waitin to read more cause my daughter does the same thing! but she will also YELL, BOOBIES! she kinda pushes on them
    lilianasmom1116

Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Why? Because they're there.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 12:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2010