That is BS! Who would have kids to make them slaves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• An idiot!!!! I am sure there are people out there like that.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• There are! and my mother I think mainly do to laziness was a parent like that.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• due NOT do.
    soonmommyof3

• In many cultures people have children for them to work on the farm or in the family business. I'm not sure where this question is coming from. In our county only 2-3 generations ago we were doing this. There are some areas and cultural groups in the US that still do this. Wouldn't it be better to have children to help the family then to have unplanned, unwanted pregnancies. About half the pregnancies in the US are unplanned despite the easy availability of birth control.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• my great grandparents DID!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Really? Because you are so busy creating lazy assed kids that sit on the couch and do nothing all day but eat? That's worthless.... That's neglect as far as I am concerned. More children need to work. Make them clean walls, floors or whatever.. but our society does not need any more lazy ass people... worthless....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• This is a touchy issue for me because of the way my husband was treated growing up. He literally worked for his parents every second he wasn't in school. On the weekends, his dad threw a boot at his door when the sun came up and told him to go outside and cut wood all through the Wisconsin winter until the sun set. We're not talking about chores here, we're talking about forced labor and there is a major difference! Kids cleaning up their messes and doing some laundry or something is fine. What my husband went through was cruel. When he moved out, they were mad as hell because he didn't come back to their house to WORK. That is really messed up and I'll never understand it. There still is a lot of resentment even all these years later. When you talk about kids being slaves, please keep stuff like this in mind. Taking out the trash isn't slavery.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I saw an expamle of this kind of behavior on Super Nanny. A couple had 2 teen daughters and then two little preschoolers. This woman was trying to start her own business and was gone all the time, and dad was always at work. They forced the older two to homeschool themselves so they could have live in babysitters. They were never allowed to go out with friends etc. The eldest DD finally colapsed from exhaustion and 911 was called. It was awful. The girls were on camera and said even if their parents assured Nanny Jo that things would be different, as soon as the cameras left the home it would be same old same old. I have alway wondered about those girls and how they are doing. Chores are not slavery, but forcing your kids to do everything and allow them no time for social lives is,.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Well, the Duggars come to mind...
    Anonymous

• its called child labour
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2010