Are there any alternatives to vaccines on the market, as we dont trust and have no faith in vaccines

nessmum

Asked by nessmum at 10:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Health

• Um as far as I know the only alternative that I know that works is to let them get the illnesses and hope they come out ok. OR you could do selective Vax. I know a few families that delayed vaxing their children or did selected vax.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:01 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• There are no alternatives. Some of the immunizations prevent diseases that are still around and that are still deadly. Tetanus is an important immunization. The tetanus bacteria can live dormant in soil or on objects for years and a tiny scratch is enough to cause infection that can still cause death.

It's irresponsible to not give any immunizations. Depending on your lifestyle there are immunizations that may be important for your child. If you aren't going to immunize then you shouldn't send your child to day care, school, or college. The child should not go to church, movies, or in crowded situations. You need to protect your child from infections.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:05 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Please read this and realize that your child is *not* the only one affected by your choice:

An Open Letter from Toni and David McCaffery

makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 11:08 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• That kind of life isn't for everyone. It's the kind of life my family has to live because we have a genetic immune deficiency disease, can't have some immunizations, some won't work, and several family members are allergic to some. We have to shop late at night and can't do anything that involves groups of people. I home schooled my kids. We have taken online college courses or gone to courses that only had like 6 adults.

You should never travel to another country. Your child shouldn't go in a hospital for any reason - to the ER, to visit someone, to have tests, ect. No going to the mall unless you have a mall that isn't busy and you go right when it opens, avoid people, and don't touch anything. No WalMart. No having people come to your home unless you are sure they are well. No kids over at all.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• It is irresponsible to continually administer vaccines that have already caused a child significant harm.

Gaill likes to blow smoke out her @$$.

no, there are not alternatives. and she is correct, there are some (though only 2 that a child is likely to encounter) viral and bacterial infections that should be vaccinated for- tetanus and hep b/c (depending on exposure risk- is a child is born in a hospital, they will likely be exposed to hep b).
    NO vaccine is safe, and delaying administering them does not lessen the impact.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• there are plenty of people who don't vaccinate who don't live in a bubble. A coworker of mine has not vaccinated her son... he goes to licensed child care, to the mall, movies and lives a normal life...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• LOL this post just reminded me that I have to get my 11 year old in for her boosters lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Gaiiil, due to a severe allergic reaction that caused brain damage my 19yo is not fully immunized. He had his last set of shots at 13 mos. old. He doesn't even catch the common cold and he went to school, played sports, he works at a grocery store, he volunteers, he goes to the movies, he has travelled by plane several times, etc.. The last time he was sick was when he was 13 mos. old and nearly died. My 18yo has NEVER been immunized, because of his brother's allergic reaction, and like his brother doesn't get sick and he does all the same things his brother does and has done. He has never so much as had a cold. AT ALL. So, your idea to lock non-immunized children up because they might get sick is a ridiculous one. Both ARE up to date on tetnus shot though and both will soon be 100% immunized as 1 is off to the Army and the other is off to college. But, at 18 and 19, it is THEIR choice to do so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• our alternative to vaccines is living a healthy, well balanced lifestyle. when we encounter vaccines, we will ideally fight them well. dh and i were fully vaccinated as children, but none of our children have been vaccinated. we do not live in a bubble. the kids go to public school, and they go to the childcare center at the gym. we go to parks, grocery stores, church, malls and restaurants. we do not use hand sanitizers or shopping cart seat covers. we are not paranoid about germs.
    i do feel on guard if the kids do go to a hospital. i breast feed my babies, and they get adjusted every week to keep their nervous system optimized! we eat well, we play well, we pray well and love well. we are always trying to live better : )
    i must say anon :41's kids sound healthier than mine. mine do get colds, about once a year. this year it was pink eye!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2010