Any Experienced Cloth Diaper Momma's Out There?

I have a 7month old baby girl and have started cloth diapers w/her. Only when I am home though. I still use disposables when absolutely needed (e.g. out of the house, when I am too ill to run up and down the stairs to do laundry and when I have a babysitter). I currently use cloth pocket diapers and have 9 of them. I like them because they have snaps and are thick enough to hold tons of moisture. One thing I don't like is when she has a bowel movement and it sticks to the cloth and is very hard to shake off... I have to literally get a tissue to wipe it off! Gross. I don't have a spray so I am curious what other mommies do to clean up a dirty diaper.. esp. a dirty diaper that is hard to "just shake off" their poo. Let me know what you do! Thanks. :)

SimpleeMommy

Asked by SimpleeMommy at 11:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Poo spatula!!! Go to the dollar store and get a cheap spatula to scrape the poo off. Wash between uses.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• They make a thin, flushable liner. You shake the liner and poo in the toilet. It also makes the diapers stay cleaner looking.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:15 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I have a 5 month old dd so I don't know how experienced I am. lol , but I have a diaper sprayer. I don't think I would cloth diaper without it. It only cost about $40 and it took my dh about 15 minutes to attach to the toilet. I would definately suggest investing in one.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Pre-solids breastmilk poo just went in the wash. Now I just use the tissue if I don't get it in the potty. I just scraped it off her butt so what does it matter? (i have an almost 9 month old -- we do cloth and elimination communication)
    And you are supposed to do the same for disposables (put solid and semi-solid poo in the toilet) before you trash them.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:33 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Eh, I've kinda become pretty whatever about poo, so we just wipe it off with a wipe before soaking it. I like LeanneC's idea, tho!!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 12:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I would love a diaper sprayer and have brought the idea back to the hubby. Found a sprayer for $29.99 on Amazon... so we'll see!

And I love the idea of a POO SPATULA!! It is an easy remedy to what I need. Thanks LeanneC. :)
    SimpleeMommy

Answer by SimpleeMommy at 1:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2010